Did a little splitting today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

remkel

Minister of Fire
Jan 21, 2010
Southwest NH
Neither rain, nor sleet nor dark of night-well, all right, two out of three aint bad.

Said to heck with the weather today and did some splitting. Some really nice Oak and some select Maple I had cut at a neighbors. Once I got going did not even feel the rain. At least now I have another 1/3 to 1/2 of a cord to put into the stacks at home.

Attachments

• Splitting.jpg
    Splitting.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 218
Good day for splitting too. Can't do much else anyway and splitting is better when it is cool or cold vs. splitting when it is hot and sticky.

Backwoods Savage said:
Good day for splitting too. Can't do much else anyway and splitting is better when it is cool or cold vs. splitting when it is hot and sticky.

Agreed- especially when you are splitting with a maul as opposed to a splitter. Now I just have to get a couple of trees down at another neighbors house and I am done for this year. Will begin working on next year after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.