Did a little splitting today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iskiatomic

Minister of Fire
Nov 15, 2008
Central CT
Took the cobwebs off the splitter and got busy for an hour or so. Had I nice surprise of a restacking job when I went out this morning.

KC

Attachments

• 9-16 001.jpg
    9-16 001.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 129
  • 9-16 002.jpg
    9-16 002.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 131
  • 9-16 003.jpg
    9-16 003.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 144
  • 9-16 004.jpg
    9-16 004.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 124
I split a little today too, just about half a truckload with the maul. As for the restacking, been there done that many times! (Not for a few years though, which makes me think a major restacking job is just around the corner!)

you have some nice looking splits there

Re-stacking surprise. Know the pain :)

Nice pile of splits.
Nice stool too :)

that will be tonights project here should the rain stop while i'm at work, then all the wood on the property will be c/s/s even though i'm working on next years supply it needs to be done before the snow flies

Nice! We have good weather for it- getting cooler. I got the splitter out for the first time this year. It was a comedy of errors. Flat tire, and the rubber was deformed a bit, so I needed a ratchet strap around it to inflate the damn thing. Then I go to put the tire back on and I'm missing a bearing. Half hour searching my unmowed lawn and I don't find it until I've given up and am putting tools away.

Did get in an hour before I had to feed the dogs/make dinner.

Looking good, KC. Good thing you took all that wood in the house the other day, made room for the fresh splits.

Took the cobwebs off the splitter and got busy for an hour or so. Had I nice surprise of a restacking job when I went out this morning.

KC

That restacking job is no surprise. Just getting even for using the wrong thing to sit on while splitting.

Reactions: milleo
Status
Not open for further replies.