did Hearthstone ever produce catalytic stoves?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jpl1nh

Minister of Fire
Jan 25, 2007
Newfields NH
Someone is advertising an older model Mansfield on NH craigslist for $2000. Its been posted several times over past couple of weeks. I e-mailed her and suggested the price might be too high considering it was an older model. I explained about pre-EPA and post -EPA stoves and how that would probably impact re-sale value. I asked her to check out the stove and find out what year it was and she replied saying it was a catalytic stove. Doesn't really matter to me, but I wondered whether she was confusing secondary burn technology or if Hearthstone at one time did use catalytic technology in the Mansfield.

Yes
they stoped making cat stoves in the mid 90's

18 years ago before I sold hearthstone
we sold a pellet stove to someone.
We get to his house and there is a Brand new Brown Large hearthstone.
he said he paid a lot of money for it.
BUT...
I could not operate it .
there was 3 controls you had to pull out push in wait 15 minutes pull out one and so on
he said he felt like the wizard of Oz.

he had us put the beautifully 600# beast on his porch and his wife used it as a planter.

hearthtools said:
Yes
they stoped making cat stoves in the mid 90's
Thank you!

hearthtools said:
18 years ago before I sold hearthstone
we sold a pellet stove to someone.
We get to his house and there is a Brand new Brown Large hearthstone.
he said he paid a lot of money for it.
BUT...
I could not operate it .
there was 3 controls you had to pull out push in wait 15 minutes pull out one and so on
he said he felt like the wizard of Oz.

he had us put the beautifully 600# beast on his porch and his wife used it as a planter.
Ouch!, expensive planter? Anybody have any suggestions of fair value of one of these in good shape today?

Status
Not open for further replies.