Did Hearthstone fix their door hinge pin and handle latch problem?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vermont Castings not the best?
Absolutely not! Never were in my opinion. If you see a Jotul and a VC side by side, the Jotul takes the cake in fit and finish and don't forget, durability.

Osburn or Jotul would be better options.

Another option for me, to get a cat stove, would be to order one on my own and find an installer. I hear a lot good on here about Woodstock. We do have a local small business that is an installer, but does not sell stoves. I don't know if that's a good idea. Who would I have service the stove if it had problems?

Woodstock makes good stoves. You would be responsible for most servicing. Usually this is not extensive. You could have a certified sweep install.

www.csia.org

Jotul makes a nice stove very durable as well. Can't hurt to look into them, there are a lot of happy jotul owners on here.

Another option for me, to get a cat stove, would be to order one on my own and find an installer. I hear a lot good on here about Woodstock. We do have a local small business that is an installer, but does not sell stoves. I don't know if that's a good idea. Who would I have service the stove if it had problems?

If I didn't have (and love) a Jotul . . . I would have a Woodstock Progress Hybrid in my home.

Reactions: webby3650
Status
Not open for further replies.