Did I discover a new way to clean stove glass?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pen said:
NATE379 said:
Haha, no way on just one load. I've gone through about 1/2 a cord so far. It's about on par, burned about 3 cords total last year from mid-Sept to mid-March

So long as you don't find 50 degrees comfortable for your home, or supplement your heat, I am DAMN jealous of your home's insulation.

pen

I think I'd need five stoves if this house was located in Alaska.

Maybe six.

webby3650 said:
BrowningBAR said:
webby3650 said:
BrowningBAR said:
WD-40 + Wait 5 Minutes + Razor Blade + Windex = Too many steps, time, and effort for me.

I don't think it's ever taken me longer than a minute to clean off the glass.
Ya, but you don't have a blaze King. I used to just give a quick wipe, but not now. It's a small price to pay for 30 hour burns. :coolsmirk:

The build up on the glass get's that bad? I've seen photos, just assumed it was a thin layer.
It's kinda bad this time of year, I still don't need to use a razor blade, but it takes a bit to get it clean.

Guys, it is still November, and already with the Smoulder King stories? Will you save it til January? :ahhh:

Damp newspaper.

Damp newspaper dipped in ash . . . if things are black (sometimes happens in a corner or if a split rolls up against the glass.)

Just fire it up good and hot the next time around and watch the brown/black disappear like magic.

Yeah . . . I'm all about being cheap and lazy . . . using damp newspaper or just burning a hot fire the next time is about as cheap and lazy as you can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.