Did I enter Bizzaro world or what? Pellet prices going up?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickyrick

Feeling the Heat
Oct 23, 2009
Western MA/ Eastern NY
I had 22 bags left of green team and 4 winter warmth. Out of Okies I figure I need to stock up on 30 more at least to get through my first year...

OK Off to lowes. 5.99 per bag.... Huh they were just 5.00 a bag?

OK TCS $5.79 per bag. The prices just went up...

OK Call over to Mario's has Lignetics 6.29 per bag. How many do you have (11 ton)

The BJs here in Albany had 3 ripped bags left. I miss Okanagans.

Called over to Agway Their branded pellets $6.39

Stuck getting 10 bags at HD of Winter warmth and will have to cut them with green team till I can find some better LOCAL pellets.

Am I the only one seeing this?

Here in the Philadelphia area we are seeing steady or lowered prices. The True Value in my area just dropped their price of lignetics to 249 a ton, and I just got a ton of NEWP for 256. Must be because of the colder weather coming into the area.

Prices steady or down in eastern CT. Lots of places to buy pellets here, so maybe it's just a supply and demand thing.

Prices seem to be going down down here...though I haven't checked the big box stores.

I actually just hedged a bet on five tons for next year.

Yea its wierd. I was getting Marths at Lowes for $5 a bag. Now there out of Marths and they want $6 for penningtons or clean energy. HD wants $3.59 a bag for winter warmth or eurekas. Winter warmth beats eurekas and kills the penningtons. But now HD is out of winter warmth. I think because crude prices went up a few weeks ago. Everything is freaked out.

Schondog

Yep bag prices are up, but ton prices are down around here was 249 a ton now it is 229 a ton

Probably due to the cold snap we have been in. HD in Roch, NH still wants 249 for Stove Chow (no thank you). Dodges Agway in Hampton falls has Corinth and Cubex at 6.50/bag but a few feet down the road, Home and Hearth has Okies and Dragons at 5.95/bag or 269/ton, they also have NEWP and Rockies.

Lots of pickup trucks at Home and Hearth last Sunday afternoon....Agway was a ghost town.

with the cold we are fairly busy.....had to go up on the Okies (due to us deciding we werent making enough on them), but not anything else.

Seems some of the better brands are starting to come down in the per ton price around here locally
but not low enough for me to jump yet. Per bag prices seem to be about the same.

I will be switching brands next season as my favorites have been discontinued. After burning a variety
of test brands this winter comparing them against my favorites, I have narrowed my decision down
to the 3 top brands I like the best.

I have been watching and waiting to see if my #1 replacement choice will come down in price soon, as they
are way too high priced for what I am willing to spend. If they don't, I will move on down my list of choices.

Hmm I dunno. In my immediate area I never saw
any price drops so I can't comment on an increase.

DAKSY said:
www.woodpellets.com has CleanFire for $739 for 3 tons
- DELIVERED - to MY zip code in Eastern NY...
Comes out to about $4.93 per bag...

Where in NY are you? I am in Poultney, VT, .5 mi from the NY border and the only delivery option for me is a full truckload. I don't understand that. Aren't they in NH? Wouldn't they have to come across VT to get to NY or do they go around VT, LOL.

VT/NH Upper valley I have seen prices coming down.
Local stove shop wanted $310 ton in sept for Energex, now has them at $235.
Several other locals have variouse other brands under 249 ton.
have not made it to local HD to see if they are running the $179 ton I saw in another thread.

schoondog said:
Yea its wierd. I was getting Marths at Lowes for $5 a bag. Now there out of Marths and they want $6 for penningtons or clean energy. HD wants $3.59 a bag for winter warmth or eurekas. Winter warmth beats eurekas and kills the penningtons. But now HD is out of winter warmth. I think because crude prices went up a few weeks ago. Everything is freaked out.

Schondog

schoon,

Where you finding them Eureka's? I would like to review them!

woodpellets.com has remained steady with their price lately. Wal-Mart went UP in price 30 cents per bag for Penningtons, and the lumber yard selling Okanagans went up about $20 a ton a couple weeks ago.

I'm still bummed I missed out on $199 per ton on Dec 26th @ a place in Acton, MA . I can't remember the name right now.....anyways, they wouldn't honor the sale a day later. I guess I will get some more at the local lumber yard soon, free delivery and I know they will have to drop them soon. They are selling them for the first year and I heard from a yard guy that they still have a couple of truckloads left. I'll check later this week.

jtakeman said:
schoondog said:

Schondog

schoon,

Where you finding them Eureka's? I would like to review them!

I think it's the HD in Poughkeepsie

We are $5.00 per bag for Somerset, $6.00 per bag for Okies and Turmans

$4.00 per bag for whats left of Maine Woods and Appling

$249 per ton Somerset
$269 per ton Okies and Turmans

Long Pond
Wauregan, Ct 06387
860-779-7500
www.LPPELLETS.com

Status
Not open for further replies.