Did I forget to bury a cable ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trehugr

Dec 16, 2007
Greenwood, Maine
I just realized after I filled in the ditch that I didn't bury a low voltage cable, do I need one ? The EKO is in the shed 85' away, Oh man I knew something like this would happen.

Don't know if you do or not- you will have to wait for an ECO owner-

Just wanted to tell you not to feel too bad- When I put my Central OWB in (100' away) two years ago- I forgot to run power out to it- and they backfilled the trench! Had to hand dig in the trench to run the cable- but I didn't put it too deep, maybe 16" down. Still a pain, but laugh about it now.

I was told no you just have power to your boiler in the shed and that pump is wired thru the boiler control. Then you run a thermostat wire to your blower on your forced air furnace to kick on when the thermostat calls for heat. As for your boiler it is always circulating water thru the system.

Rob

I added a 1.5" pe pipe in the trench for after thoughts just like that. I find that in the spur of the moment my thinking may be somewhat off beat, this gave me a lot of flex. The pipe is almost full now, this spring the wiring to the pool pump let me down and this saved my bacon, and did a nice relocate for the pump aswell.
I also pulled in some shielded cabling for future contol use.
Knowing what I know now, dig it up while still a mess, lay the extra tube, suck a pilot string through with the shopvac.(replace it with a larger rope to pull the wire and alway pull more rope in with the new wire ;-) ) Then just read this forum, and you may find many reasons why you gave yourself the flexibility to work with.

Henk.

Status
Not open for further replies.