Did Jotul ever make 'warming shelves'?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shari

Minister of Fire
Oct 31, 2008
Wisconsin
Did Jotul ever make warming shelves for their stoves?

alternately:

Has anyone ever tried to attach VC warming shelves to a Jotul?

Shari said:

alternately:

Yes, I believe so. I have seen used Jotuls advertised with their warming shelves. Never a new one. As far as q#2 I don't know.

I have seen a few on ebay that go to a firelight (at least a year ago though). Im sure you could manage to fit it on the Oslo

Shari said:

alternately:

Yes and they were made of wood so none survived :p

Ray

Old thread, I know, but I have a pair of warming shelves for my Jotul Firelight. Can't figure out what the heck one would use them for, though. Can someone enlighten me?

They are useful for keeping food warm, raising bread dough, drying out wet gloves, boots, etc.

They're awful small for setting bread on. I guess I could put one boot or one glove on each warming shelf, but would have to time it carefully to remove when "dry", and before "on fire".

That's why I like the Alderlea's system. Infinitely variable temperature and they are generously sized, but out of the way when not needed. Still, the Jotul's are good as warming shelves for gently warming up leftovers and for keeping a dish warm.

The Alderlea sure has it down when it comes to warming shelves.

Status
Not open for further replies.