Did Some Bird Hunting over Thanksgiving Break

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Huntindog1

Minister of Fire
Dec 6, 2011
South Central Indiana
My 8 month GSP was amazing like she had been doing it for years.

Casey.jpg

Like your choose of hunting partners
My GSP just turned 15 She still loves to hunt
She is the brown one in the avatar The other one is
her 4 year old great grand son

Reactions: Huntindog1
Been MIA for a bit and that is because we bird hunted numerous days for stocked pheasant. Mass does not have the habitat to support the natural reproduction of pheasant so the state stocks the birds in many areas across the state. We also have a huge influx of predators such as owls, hawks, coyotes, and fishers. It's not uncommon to see multiple "beheaded" birds the morning after they stock them. The owls swoop down and pick off state birds all the time.

My 9 month old chocolate lab had a great hunting season. She hunts with such intensity and won't quit until she finds at least one bird. Our time spent training her all summer has paid off immensely. My son and I had a blast to say the least.

Here are a few pictures I'd like to share with you from this past season.

Merry Christmas everyone!!

Attachments

• luna3.JPG
    luna3.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 174
  • luna4.JPG
    luna4.JPG
    183 KB · Views: 159
  • luna8.JPG
    luna8.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 166
  • luna 11.JPG