did some cutting today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jhoff310

Oct 7, 2010
Toledo Ohio area
Cut up the ash and mulberry I snagged the other day. Pic in my other thread. By the time I got it all cut and split I came up with 1 2/3 cord.

I also got a call from my dad's cousin. I guess he was talking to my uncle at my dads funeral and my uncle told him I put in a wood stove. He's got around 150 ash trees for me to cut down. He will burn the brush and till it into his farm field. I told him it would be spring before I get that far having to deal with mom and dads estate, my hands are full. He said no problem he might even start felling them for me.

Jeff

Sorry to hear about your father Jeff.

zap

Is that one hundred and fifty ash trees? That is a lifetime supply of firewood! I hope you have a lot of room for stacking.

Wood Duck said:
Is that one hundred and fifty ash trees? That is a lifetime supply of firewood! I hope you have a lot of room for stacking.

I was hoping to use your backyard LOL!!!

There is more wood there than I would ever need. He said the DBH is anywhere from 1'-4' thats a whole lotta wood

Jeff

Sorry about your dad Jeff. I dread the day I lose my dad. He's my voice of reason.

I live just a minute north of Toledo. I'd be glad to help you with that project if you need help. Let me know.

Jim

I too am sorry about your loss. I lost my dad a year ago April. I never realized how much I relied on him. Even though we were 2000 miles apart, we were closer than words.

We dont get too much ash in these parts. I have only ever found one on my land, and it had blown over in a storm. One and half cords split and stacked for this year.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. It was a double whammy. I lost my mom on Oct 19th, that was expected and then I lost my dad a week later unexpected. It SUX but it brings me relief knowing they are together and happy once again. I am trying to keep my mind occupied by cutting wood. This executor of the estate stuff is for the birds. My wife grumble when I bring home more wood but she understand its my therapy right now.

12 cords and counting

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.