Did some stacking this weekend

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigcube

Feb 27, 2008
Upstate NY
More wood coming next week, needed to move the outside pile in the shed for next year. Just over 2.5 cords of hickory, bucked in spring 09, split/stacked outside fall 09 and spring 10. In the rotation for next year dec/jan :)

Attachments

• HickoryStacked.jpg
    HickoryStacked.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 529
Very nice
Nice shed. Great shed when full :)
Looks good in there don't it?

Bigcube said:
More wood coming next week, needed to move the outside pile in the shed for next year. Just over 2.5 cords of hickory, bucked in spring 09, split/stacked outside fall 09 and spring 10. In the rotation for next year dec/jan :)

Bigcube, very nice shed plus a great job on the stacking.

Zap

Nice looking woodstack and shelter.. Do you have a pic of the whole shelter?

Ray

Thanks Guys! The shed is attached to the back of my garage. He's a pic that show's the shed a little better. The wood on the pallets is what was moved in the shed.
HickoryRack_6.jpg

Nice shed! I'm working on a 24x16 shed similar to yours that is being built off of my garage also. Your stacks are leaning from the first pic to the bottom pic.

Different stacks at different times my guess

mywaynow said:
Different stacks at different times my guess

Good Eye, The wood is closer to the edge of the shed in the first pic

velvetfoot said:
uh oh. Photoshop? :)

I think he had the second picture up last year. You can see last years stacks had a lean to them and this years are much straighter.

Zap

Bigcube said:
Two on the end fell over last summer too :lol: Tried much harder to stack them straight this year.

I interpreted that as: Drank less beer while stacking this year :)

That's an inexpensive way to add wood storage.. Came out nice good work!

Ray

Oh, you know we are seriously sick when we remember another members stack photos from last year!! Cheers!

Bigcube said:
Two on the end fell over last summer too :lol: Tried much harder to stack them straight this year.

Ya, one learns fast once he has to restack the wood. lol

Looks good and I wish I had some of that hickory. It would be great to have that just for the month of January only I'd just burn the hickory at night. However, the only hickory we have here is very small. We do try to make sure nothing will harm what we have. lol In the meantime, we'll keep on burning the ash.

I was tired from building the shed early summer 09 and let the hickory sit till fall... didn't finish it till spring.
This was some BIG NASTY stuff... real buggy too so it sat out side last winter and this winter.
HickoryRounds.jpg

I got lucky on my last load, I requested a bunch of ash this time. It should be mixed with Maple and Beech. None of the hickory was small. :ahhh:

I'll let you know how it burns next winter :cheese:

Status
Not open for further replies.