Did some updating to the hearth

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lopiliberty

Minister of Fire
Oct 7, 2011
WV
Had a local hearth and chimney shop install stone behind the stove
IMG_0558.JPG IMG_0567.JPG
Before After

Reactions: webby3650
Very nice. Definately a warmer look that folks would be inadvertently drawn toward on a cold winters day.

What is the hearth slab made of? Is it a concrete product? The wood below it, are the corners mitered and sharp? I have a rebuild in my future too and yours looks great.

What is the hearth slab made of? Is it a concrete product? The wood below it, are the corners mitered and sharp? I have a rebuild in my future too and yours looks great.
The hearth is 3inches thick 900 pound solid stone that was purchased locally years ago. The wood platform my uncle made it. Its about 8 inches high and is solid oak. The corners, the side boards are behind the front one and screwed together then he made plugs for all the screw holes. The corners are slightly rounded

The hearth is 3inches thick 900 pound solid stone that was purchased locally years ago. The wood platform my uncle made it. Its about 8 inches high and is solid oak. The corners, the side boards are behind the front one and screwed together then he made plugs for all the screw holes. The corners are slightly rounded

I'm not doing a 900# rock slab (my floor would collapse) but the oak pedestal sounds like a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.