Didn't Clean The Glass Too Well But It Smells Nice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
Slow burn on a warm night last night gunked up the big glass on the Englander. Since I let it run down today I decided to clean the glass. Grabbed the Windex and went to work but it seemed to be cleaning up slower than usual. It took a bit to look down and see that I had picked up the bottle of Fabreeze stuff sitting next to the Windex.

I hate getting old and blind! But the glass has no odors.

ROTFLMAO...

Mine gunked up pretty good too. Oddly the big load of Locust I put on there last night was almost gone this morning. Maybe it had something to do with reloading the stove at 9:30am today vs the usual 6:30 am.

BrotherBart said:
Slow burn on a warm night last night gunked up the big glass on the Englander. Since I let it run down today I decided to clean the glass. Grabbed the Windex and went to work but it seemed to be cleaning up slower than usual. It took a bit to look down and see that I had picked up the bottle of Fabreeze stuff sitting next to the Windex.

I hate getting old and blind! But the glass has no odors.

Ha Ha, don't feel bad, I grabbed a bottle of paint remover once for my glass. It was blue just like windex and took the soot right off, but didn't wipe clean, then I read the label. Oops!

seriously, get a spray bottle of the stuff made for removing ash etc from your glass. It works better than anything else.

******** :lol: :lol: :lol: *******

Thanks BB, I needed that one today!

If this continues to be an issue, you better keep the toothpaste and prep H a good distance apart!

Status
Not open for further replies.