Didn't know Hearth.com (Craig) did this...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

raybonz

Minister of Fire
Feb 5, 2008
Carver, MA.
Was researching my CDW 264CCL (shocked to hear that eh? lol) and stumbled across this page..
http://www62.homepage.villanova.edu/corie.podschelne/consolidated_dutchwest_264ccl_in.htm
I have been on this site for 3 yrs. and didn't know this.. Interestingly the stove installed is the same one I use.. The page didn't disclose how this person acquired this stove.. Was it a freebie on Craigslist or donated by other means?? I tip my hat to Craig for his share of the stove installation! I would like to know if the person that got this stove is a forum member and if so do they still use this stove and how it worked out for them.. Quite frankly I was surprised that it was a CDW fa264ccl stove as I know Craig is not fond of these stoves.. How long ago did this event take place? Nice to see people helping other people with wood burning stoves! WTG Craig and Hearth.com!

Ray

Just found this one too: http://www62.homepage.villanova.edu/corie.podschelne/Vermont Castings Vigilant.htm .. A couple Hearth.com members were involved including Todd who donated the stove.. WTG Hearth.com!

BrotherBart said:
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/6039/

Thanx Bart that was before I found Hearth.com.. I'm sure many do not know about these installs and it's good this info resurfaced..

Ray

Franks said:
Our industry is lucky to have Mr Issod.

Yes, I agree and also to the other folks involved like Corie, Todd and anyone else involved in any capacity.. Makes me proud to be a Hearth.com member!

Ray

Yes, this forum is loaded with wonderful people. Many thanks to all.

There is some neat history here...
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/7156/

In short, Corie and Hogwilz got together and did some installs for needy folks.

Corie is a stove lover who was in school for engineering - wanted to become a STOVE designer. But he had no way to break into the business!

So, in his last year in college, we raised money on Hearth.com....I matched it....and we sent him to RENO to the trade show, where he was able to really get a feel for the industry and put out job offers......

He then returned and got a JOB with Englander.......worked there a couple years, and now works at Harman!

To quote Corie:
"All of you that gave money so that a poor college kid with a poor family could travel to another state and live three days in a dream. I don’t mean to dramatize the trip, but really, I have never had three better days in my entire life. Between the stoves, the people, the burning displays, talking with the big wigs of the companies, getting more donor stoves and more donor pipe, the parties, the Vesta Awards, spending time with Craig, Thomas, Trevor, Ryan, Richard, Rod and anyone else who I’m forgetting, these were the three most memorable days of my life.

So, in closing, I just want to extend one more big thank to you everyone. Thanks for donated money so I could go. Thanks for listening to me. Thanks for helping with resumes and business cards. Thanks for sending funds and materials that make the donor program possible.

HUGE special thanks to Craig for setting everything up for me, show me around, telling some great stories, and putting me in touch with almost every important person I know in the industry.

Another HUGE special thanks to Thomas (Super Cedar) for taking me out to dinner mlutiple times, shuttling me around, and putting up with me over an extended period of time. "

Those interested in some of that history can look up Cories old posts, etc.....

I'm kinda choked up reading it......

Pics of Reno from that year......

One if Webwidow and I going up the Gondola......nice view, eh?
One is Corie (skinny guy on left), Thomas and Rod (HearthTools - pellet expert).
Other is myself, Rod, Mountain Stove Guy (Ryan) and Thomas in the Hearth.com booth.....

Attachments

• reno1.jpg
    reno1.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 523
  • reno2.jpg
    reno2.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 495
  • reno3.jpg
    reno3.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 502
Corie. Father of the VL-17 wood stove.

Status