Differance in chimneys

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich2343

Jan 10, 2014
Butler pa
With so many chimneys on the market. I was wondering if their is a differance in chimneys.?
As far as quality, preformance,price,

Last edited:
If you are talking Class A, I think there's a wide range.

I went with Olympia Ventis. It has a 316 stainless (optional - standard is 304) inner so I can hook anything up to it in the future if need be. I also liked that it met the Canadian spec for chimney fires. The Canadian spec is (or was - when I was researching) more abusive than the US spec.

It wasn't cheap.

I think if you do a search on "Class A" you'll hit some threads.

Reactions: Rich2343
IF you are in a hurry for this, you might want to check to see which units are in stock and ready to ship to you. I know the some (if not many) are back ordered. I waited 4 weeks for my complete system and it's a PITA if you have everything except one piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.