Difference between Blaze King KT302 and KT304?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

craigs

Jan 27, 2010
W. PA
Anybody out there have a KT or KTJ304? I was wondering what the difference is from the 302's. Maybe it came standard with a glass door? The specs for the stove itself appear identical.

Thanks,
Craig

Main difference is how the heat exchangers are built into the stoves. I am attaching ktj 304 and krj 302 pics. the r in the krj I think means rear stove pipe discharge. I have a ktj 302 which is top stove pipe discharge
304 had top discharge heat exchangers while the 302 had side discharge heat exchangers behind the 2 side ceramic inserts.
I think the 302's were made early 80's and the 304 were maybe mid to late 80's.
You can download the manuals from Blaze King web site. Hope this helps.
I hope the attachments load ok. This is my first time trying this.

Attachments

• 304.jpg
    304.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 4,698
  • 302.jpg
    302.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 4,195
  • 304 1.jpg
    304 1.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 3,895
  • 304 2.jpg
    304 2.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 2,580
  • 304 3.jpg
    304 3.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 2,411
That makes perfect sense now that I see your pic of the 304 (thanks!). From downloading manuals, I've discovered that the first letter is the stove type (King), second letter is discharge type (T-top, R-rear), and if it has a J it means Jet Air (blower). I asked the question because I'm picking up my KTJ302 tomorrow and will begin looking for parts, parts stoves, and any nice 302's that are close to me too. I'm not sure how great the one is that I'm picking up so I'll keep my eyes out for that gem that hasn't been used much. Wasn't sure how different the two models were and now I know. It also tells me that when I was a kid we had a KTJ302 because it had the side blowers as well.

Thanks again,
Craig

Oops, I missed the 303. Anybody recognize what's different about it from the 304? They look the same.

Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.