Difference between Lennox/Whitfield Advantage Optima 3 and the Profile 30?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

I worked on a few Profile 30s but not on the Optima 3. I believe they have the same control panel and look similar.

So what is the difference?

Last edited:
The body basically. There area few other small differences but it is basically the same stove.

Hi Sean
Thanks I just worked on a 12 year old Optima 3 insert with all original parts except the igniter! Just needed a cleaning!
Not much different than the Profile 30!

I can tell you this, if we are talking inserts, the optima has way more heat shields and crap to take off so you can get to the serviceable parts. The are very similar though the start up cycle seems different. I have more experience with the optima II and the profile 20 but those are remarkably similar too. Though the optima to get the sides off you have to take the nuts off from in the hopper and the profile you don't. Good question though.

Status
Not open for further replies.