Different Eko,s

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

huffdawg

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 3, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Just went and picked up my Eko 40 across the border in Washington a couple days ago
Had a 2hr ferry ride and a 2 hr drive to get it home , lucked out wasnt charged duty at the border and it never rained.

One thing I noticed was that it is different looking than others that have posted pics. here .

It doesnt have the white coloured doors or the white triangle looking control housing on the top.

Huff

The new ones look much different. Same boiler, however. I'm sure you got the right one!

You can go to one of the sellers web sites like cozy heat or hew horizons and see what the newer ones look like most of the posts here show the older model like I have with the grey door covers and the raised controller housing. Look on the rear upper corner and see if that's where they still put the build sticker that will show all the model information.

Ya I bought it from cozy heats ebay sales, greatlakesclean energy.
One thing that I dislike about it is that there is no lifting lug on the top .
For something that ways 1400 lbs that should be a no brainer.
Not everyone owns a forklift

huffdawg said:

I used a chain around the "boiler out" pipe on the top hooked to a tractor loader. Plenty strong enough to lift it.

sdrobertson said:
huffdawg said:

I used a chain around the "boiler out" pipe on the top hooked to a tractor loader. Plenty strong enough to lift it.

Ya I did the same , put a 2" tee on the output nipple . Lifted with a 2 tonne chain hoist hooked up to a lvl beam in my shop: 4 ply by 18" deep . Was a good test for the beam ,I was glad the upstairs didnt end up on my head . Im pretty sure I over killed the beam size when I built it.

Had to let most the air out of my truck tires and throw a bunch of concrete blocks in the box so I could drive it out from under the boiler.

huffdawg said:
sdrobertson said:
huffdawg said:

Ya I did the same , put a 2" tee on the output nipple . Lifted with a 2 tonne chain hoist hooked up to a lvl beam in my shop: 4 ply by 18" deep . Was a good test for the beam ,I was glad the upstairs didnt end up on my head . Im pretty sure I over killed the beam size when I built it.

Had to let most the air out of my truck tires and throw a bunch of concrete blocks in the box so I could drive it out from under the boiler.

I was temped to do the same but was worried it mght buckle the upper plate top with the 2200 pound weight of the 60. We ran chains through the steel pallet & lifted it with mine and my Cousin's backhoes.

sdrobertson said:
huffdawg said:

just checking out your whitetail pic. Do you hang your kill by the head .

Never shot a whitetail. Lots of mullies , Moose ,and Roosevelt Elk though.

huffdawg said:
sdrobertson said:
huffdawg said:

just checking out your whitetail pic. Do you hang your kill by the head .

Never shot a whitetail. Lots of mullies , Moose ,and Roosevelt Elk though.

Not uncommon at all to hang by the head down here. Field dressed at about 150ish which I'm sure is allot lighter than what your getting up there. One of these years I'll head up north or out west and try your list of game.

huffdawg said:
I own a forklift, don't think I didn't cuss a few times that Atmos saved 3 dollars & didn't weld a top lift eye on! My boiler needed to be dropped into the basement. A lousy eye would have saved me at least 8 hours work with welding up a steel skid etc, Randy

Hey Huffdawg,
Where abouts are you located? I deduce the Nanaimo area but I might be off the mark. I'm in the Shuswap and I just about bought the same boiler from Cozyburn through Ebay especially with the free delivery but now I'm thinking I'll get a 60 instead of a 40 and perhaps the Biomass instead of the Eco. We should start a B.C. gasifier club! Do you know anyone else with one of these units? I'm encouraged you didn't have any problems at the border with your Polish boiler! Where did you have it delivered and how did you get it through with no duty or G.S.T.?

gorbull said:
Hey Huffdawg,
Where abouts are you located? I deduce the Nanaimo area but I might be off the mark. I'm in the Shuswap and I just about bought the same boiler from Cozyburn through Ebay especially with the free delivery but now I'm thinking I'll get a 60 instead of a 40 and perhaps the Biomass instead of the Eco. We should start a B.C. gasifier club! Do you know anyone else with one of these units? I'm encouraged you didn't have any problems at the border with your Polish boiler! Where did you have it delivered and how did you get it through with no duty or G.S.T.?

Hi Gorbull, I live in Campbell River .
I dont know of anyone else around here with a gassifier. The border was smooth going, but I did pay for gst and pst.
When the cashier at the border gave me the total she said $732.00 . I thought it would be $1160.00 Can. as I had it worked out before.
I asked her what the duty %age was, and she replied there is no duty its from the States. I didnt argue the point!

I had the boiler shipped to A&A warehousing in blaine Washington.

I know there must be a few gassers up around Smithers area as there is a Tarm Froling dealer there.

My knowledge about gassifiers is very minimal at this point,but Im learning a great deal from all the gentlemen on this forum.
I wished the circumstances would of worked out better when I built my house as I would never of put in the lpg boiler .
But its nice to have a good back up.

Cheers Huff

Status
Not open for further replies.