dimplex DS2205 freestanding electric stove ??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mario veda

Sep 11, 2010
RICHMOND VA
Hello . I have a Recency 2400 which I purchased last year and so far it has been a very good wood stove in my den but I would like the looks {effect} of the electric freestanding stove to use in my bedroom as a visual as well as extra heat soure .I have a electric oil filled radiator type that I have been using for years in the bedroom without any problems when I need the extra heat but like I posted I would like the "look" of the fake flame woodstove in the bedroom .I have been looking on line at the different electric freestanding stoves and like the Dimplex models ....I dont need a big size stove as they all put out the same BTUs anyway you just pay more for the bigger sizes .The Dimplex Olsen DS2205 is H-23" W20'' D11'' which is fine, price is 199.00....It has alot of good reviews as to being quiet which is #1 very important to me as well as the flames effect looking good #2.....Just like to know if anyone out there has used these types of electric freestanding heaters or knows other brands that may be better as in flame effect,quiet operation,....Any Pros -Cons to thier use etc....the other thing is that these units I have seen so far dont have a temp thermostat which automaticly shut unit on or off like my oil filled heater ,I think the theromstats on these units is only for overheating shut off ?? They do have a remote controll.... Thanks for any input... mario in Va...We missed getting snowed on this weekend maybe next time LOL....

wow!! what will they think of next ? Lol .. Thank you.. that really helps out alot ..I am going to order one,,, that is a usefull item to have ... Mario in Va....

Status
Not open for further replies.