Ding, Ding, Ding! We have a winner!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fayman

Dec 7, 2006
So, I mentioned a few weeks back that my bro stumbled across an Avalon Rainier insert on Craigslist. A short drive later (for him), and $75 later (for me), we had ourselves a nice insert ready to go.

Flash forward 2 weeks.....a paint job, homemade blower, and refinished wood floors (gotta pimp it up right!), I had my first burn tonight!

After burning a Lopi Answer last year, I can finally say I own a decent wood stove. No offense to the Lopi (or Travis products in general), but this thing blows that tiny insert out of the house.

In fifteen minutes I had my 1400 square foot house go from 66 to 71, and my wife, who was freezing to death with the flu, start complaining that her chills had change to sweat!

NIIIIIIIICE!!!!

It's going to be a cozy winter....all for $75 and a big "Thanks Bro!" to my bro, Mr. JMF1.

Actually, it wasn't exactly $75....but I'll save the hand crushing incident in the woodsplitter story for a later date....

That's the next size up in the Travis lines. Sounds like it's the size you needed all along. :) Awesome deal getting a Rainier for that price. They're close to 2k new.

I'm confused...

Granted I'm getting sick, and am on my 4th glass of merlot/cab but, you say...

No offense to the Lopi (or Travis products in general), but this thing blows that tiny insert out of the house.

It sounds like you are knocking Travis products and your old Lopi by saying your new stove blows away the tiny (Lopi) insert you used to have and you finally have a good stove.

You do realize that both Lopi and Avalon are made by Travis Industries right? And you moved up from a small insert to a medium one?

Better to say you finally got the right size stove for your home, as the Answer (I am sure) is a good stove, when installed in the right sized home ;-)

Dunadan said:
You do realize that both Lopi and Avalon are made by Travis Industries right? And you moved up from a small insert to a medium one?

Better to say you finally got the right size stove for your home, as the Answer (I am sure) is a good stove, when installed in the right sized home ;-)

Absolutely. My bad. I obviously was not knocking Travis products, since the Avalon IS a Travis product. But yes, I guess I should have said that the RIGHT size insert has made a world of difference in this house. I loved that little Answer (great quality), but it didn't have a fighting chance to heat our house when it got really cold.

But this Rainier has heated both my wife and I right out of the living room tonight, all with a small fire. I can't believe what a difference the right size stove makes.

Congratulations fayman, you may have the score of the season. Of course we are expecting pictures to be posted any day now....

Glad to hear it's doin the job, you're gonna need it this weekend!

We almost went with the Ranier. Changed to the Revere at the last minute to get the cooktop and a deeper firebox (I believe the Ranier was not as deep but wider).

Glad it's working out.

Glad to hear you're up and running! We need pictures.....

Status
Not open for further replies.