*DING* Round Four...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

DAKSY

Full Time RVer
Staff member
Hearth Supporter
Dec 2, 2008
Wherever we're parked
After the temps in the mid 60s yesterday, the P61A was nice & cool this morning, so I got into it & cleaned it top to bottom. Ash pan was less than 1/2" from the top so it was due. Brought in the LAST bag of Cleanfire Pacifics from pallet one & it's staged to go in. 150 bags - 2 pallets - left for the season. We can make it to 31 March burning 2 bags a day, but if the temps rise, we can get by on one per, so I'm thinkin we're GOOD.

Reactions: bags and jackhammer
Definitely crazy weather with the cold the last two weeks, now, no more snow and boy did it rain! I’m glad it wasn’t more snow. I waited to clean my stove as well. Vacuumed the empty hopper and cleaned out the fines box(half full). Finished my first ton of Turman’s. I’d say they are better then the New England Hardwood I’ve burned in the past, but not much. Now burning my leftover ton of Oakanagan Platinum, less ash for sure.