Direct vent power vent

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stgaah

Jun 13, 2007
Is anyone aware of an "after market" power vent system that can be used on a standing pilot, direct vent fireplace?

there would be no such thing that would be nothing that cloud be used unless tested that way there are some units out on the market that have a power assits vent but they are not power vent units they are ipi gas units.

I am under the same impression. I figure a standing pilot would create all sorts of issues.
I spoke with a guy today who insisted there was such an item available.
I certainly have not run across one and was wondering if anyone else has

The fireplaces we sell power vents are only available for the IPI and DSI electric ignition systems. For a standing pilot the power vent would have to be on 24/7. Do you have a fireplace already, or are you in the market for a new one? Why are you looking at power vents?

Also, if you look in most manuals there will be a page with listed and test venting components including caps. If you use something not tested for that fireplace it voids the listing of the whole system and poses a fire hazard.

Status
Not open for further replies.