Dirty Glass on Harman absolute 43

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jeff S.

Dec 24, 2017
Jordan, NY
Just purchased and absolute 43 a month ago, and the glass gets dirty within four or five hours after cleaning. Is this normal? Or do I have some settings wrong? Or is it the pellets? I am currently using New England pellets. I have tried pellets from Tractor Supply which are a hundred percent Hardwood with maybe a slight difference being better. I was told by my installer that possibly the venting could be causing the issue as well. I am venting up through a existing wood stove chimney. I have 3in from the stove up to the ceiling with a 3 to 4 inch adapter and 4 inch going up through the triple wall wood stove pipe to the top. I am getting lines on the glass from the air wash system that are brown soot marks i guess. Any ideas on how to make this better? Is this normal for an absolute 43?

I just bought a stove a month ago and have had times of experiencing similar issues. Mine is more noticeable while on lower settings. Have you tried messing around with the damper control? I have been setting mine to mostly closed and that seems to have helped alot.

I just bought a stove a month ago and have had times of experiencing similar issues. Mine is more noticeable while on lower settings. Have you tried messing around with the damper control? I have been setting mine to mostly closed and that seems to have helped alot.
I have not tried the damper. Don't know where it is. I'll look when I get home though. It does seem worse at a lower burn.

I have a lopi and have my exhaust going up 15 to 20 feet through my roof and have found that I need to keep the damper in the full close positin on medium to high setting and maybe pull it an eight of an inch out on low settings. I have a lopi and it' a push pull on the lower left side of the unit but I'm sure a harman is probably different.

I see no damper adjustment on the stove or in the manual. Here is a picture of what is happening. I just cleaned it a few hours ago so it's not so bad yet.
15145798658661324485390.jpg

Attachments

• 15145796094501901205385.jpg
    15145796094501901205385.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 121
Do those lines line up with the heat exchange tubes? If so it's probably just the way the airflow is around the tubes. If not I may say the door gasket is leaking

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

don't own your stove but pretty sure it has no draft adjustment, has the glass gotten dirty that quick since new or has it just started, how many pellets have you burned in the month you have had it.