Dirty Hand Tools Wood Splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay106n

Minister of Fire
Apr 1, 2015
Litchfield County, CT
Right now Lowes has a 22 ton Dirty Hand Tools wood splitter on sale for $950. I also have a 10% coupon to use, which would put it around $900 with taxes. I've never heard of this brand before. Anybody have any idea if this is a good deal and if this is a good brand? I usually buy Ariens products, but their wood splitter prices are ridiculous.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_594051-74081-101507_0__?productId=50223053

Last edited:
That's a good deal on a good splitter. If I needed a new splitter, DHT would be at the top of my list for best value for the money.

(I have no connections to that company whatsoever. I own a Huskee splitter.)

Just bought a DHT 27 ton. Love it. I,ve thrown the nastiest, knottiest rounds at it and nothing's been able to slow it down. Go for it.

Thanks

Have you looked at the Harbor Freight splitter? I think if I had to get a splitter under 1k I would seriously consider it. The dual action looks like it is very time efficient.

Menards had the DHT 27 ton for $700 on black Friday... I regret not buying one. I'm certain I could have sold my old junky splitter for $400 or so and had a NICE splitter for only a few hundred dollars upgrade...

Status
Not open for further replies.