discoloration in liner okay?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

philaphire

Sep 24, 2006
Blue Bell, PA
As you can possibly tell from my avatar, my particular install shows a bit of my 316ti SS liner from Rockford Chimney. Anyway, last night was the first really cold night so I made the biggest fire yet, getting the stove up to 600, and finally having both airtubes doing the secondary burn thing. Now, my liner isn't stainless steel shiny anymore and has a bit of discoloration. Is this something I should be concerned about? Did I somehow overfire the stove? As always, THANKS!!!

I wouldn't worry about it philaphire,all stainless steel fittings I've used in chimneys turned color with time.Hey, soon it'll blend right into the fireplace opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.