Discount Coupons

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw on another thread where someone posted an HF discount coupon for others to print and use. I didn't know you could do that. Seems like there should be a thread dedicated to such a valuable service.

Here's a 25% Harbor Freight coupon good until 6/20/2013

HF25%coupon.jpg

Reactions: HDRock
Just saw on another thread where someone posted an HF discount coupon for others to print and use. I didn't know you could do that. Seems like there should be a thread dedicated to such a valuable service.

View attachment 97276

Thanks Mr
Getting ready to buy a welder at HF, I have a 20% off coupon but, 25% is better yet :cool:
You can reprint a coupon and use it over n over, one per day

Hey HD, the fine print on the coupon says it CANNOT be used for a variety of things, including a welder .......................... :(

Hey HD, the fine print on the coupon says it CANNOT be used for a variety of things, including a welder .......................... :(
Dang !! gota read the fine print, the other one I have says the same .
The welder is on sale but another 20 or 25% would be better :(

Thanks for pointing that out ,would have been awkward at check out :oops:

The whole coupon thing is pretty crazy. The coupon above says "original coupon must be submitted" which a lot of places take to mean that you can't use a printed out copy (though it is pure dumb luck if they notice it or not). And sometimes the coupons they email include similar wording, even though they exist only in an electronic form, so there really isn't an orginal. I've been able to use such coupons after pointing it out to the saleperson after they have said it was no good. So a coupon that is originally distributed in electronic form is worth a safer bet than one that was, say, scanned from a flier.
Moral: Find the best coupon you can, but if it's one you have to print out, don't be too surprised if they won't accept it.

Hey, what welder are you thinking about? I notice TSC has the 140 Hobart for $450, $50 off this week, and there are some 10% off coupons floating about. Still a lot more than a comparable HF welder, but the 140 has terrific consistently terrific reviews, and you can buy parts for it.

Reactions: Jack Fate
The whole coupon thing is pretty crazy. The coupon above says "original coupon must be submitted" which a lot of places take to mean that you can't use a printed out copy (though it is pure dumb luck if they notice it or not). And sometimes the coupons they email include similar wording, even though they exist only in an electronic form, so there really isn't an orginal. I've been able to use such coupons after pointing it out to the saleperson after they have said it was no good. So a coupon that is originally distributed in electronic form is worth a safer bet than one that was, say, scanned from a flier.
Moral: Find the best coupon you can, but if it's one you have to print out, don't be too surprised if they won't accept it.

Hey, what welder are you thinking about? I notice TSC has the 140 Hobart for $450, $50 off this week, and there are some 10% off coupons floating about. Still a lot more than a comparable HF welder, but the 140 has terrific consistently terrific reviews, and you can buy parts for it.
Harbor Freight does take printed coupons and I have printed the same coupons and used them more than once. Have also used scanned and printed ones, Harbor Freight wants your money

What welder was I thinking about? Been thinking , and lookin at all small migs, I have a 260 amp AC/DC stick that works great for most things, I need something for small stuff ,was looking at HF 90 amp but it is flux core only and, min amps is 60, so looking now at HF 170 amp 220v with a coupon I have is $159 , not on a par with a Hobart Handler but a great price.
I saw the Hobart at TS for $450, also looking at a Real Gear mig 140, used ,like new on CL $200

Not sure how much I will use it, been doing ok with out it for 20 years using the stick and acetylene,the bad thing is when I quit welding for a living 20 yeas ago , haven't used a mig since than ;lol

Note that the coupon says it can be used when ordering by phone or from the website, neither of which allows presentation of the original coupon. Moral of the story: don't just roll-over when the person at the register says no.

April 2013.jpg

That's what I'm talkin' about, just keep 'em comin'. FWIW, it seems that they will frequently accept these coupons for things that are already discounted or otherwise excluded. Never hurts to try.

Thanks Whoopee, I used the coupon you posted yesterday , picked up one of these porta band saws, 62 bucks:

View attachment 97276

Attachments

• image_11347.jpg
    image_11347.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 634

View attachment 97276
Hey Shingletown! Daughter going to get married on some friends property in Apple Hill.

No restrictions,with coupons on splitters

Bump

I just used a 20% Off Harbor freight ripped out of a Popular Mechanics magazine to score a 27 Ton Ariens Logsplitter from Home Depot if you have a Harbor freight in your local area Home depot will honor the coupon. $1279 for a $1599 splitter I am pumped.

I just used a 20% Off Harbor freight ripped out of a Popular Mechanics magazine to score a 27 Ton Ariens Logsplitter from Home Depot if you have a Harbor freight in your local area Home depot will honor the coupon. $1279 for a $1599 splitter I am pumped.

Yep, HD will accept coupons out of a mag , but not printed out ones, doesn't matter if the is a HF store in your area or not.
I used a HF coupon at HD for a shop vac, another guy I know used a HF coupon on a ladder

Status
Not open for further replies.