distinct smelling wood id

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thinktwicez71

Nov 22, 2011
Ogdensburg , NY
i brought in some wood the other day and i put a piece in my stove and instantly i knew it was something different cause it has a distinc smell to it , like sweet , or something.

so i found another piece in my woodpile and brought it in and took a picture of it , if u smell it it reminds me of the inscence they use at church lol .

no bark on it , maybee it fell off , but neither piece i had , had bark on them , all white, yellowish wood. light weight , moisture meter says 16.2 %

so what do you think it is ? cause if i can get more of it i want it , it smells awesome to me !!!!!

Attachments

• IMAG0035.jpg
    IMAG0035.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 322
  • IMAG0036.jpg
    IMAG0036.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 356
Thinktwice. Tough to tell with no bark on it. You say it is very light. Might be cedar. Cedar smells real nice.

thinktwicez71 said:
i brought in some wood the other day and i put a piece in my stove and instantly i knew it was something different cause it has a distinc smell to it , like sweet , or something.

so i found another piece in my woodpile and brought it in and took a picture of it , if u smell it it reminds me of the inscence they use at church lol .

no bark on it , maybee it fell off , but neither piece i had , had bark on them , all white, yellowish wood. light weight , moisture meter says 16.2 %

so what do you think it is ? cause if i can get more of it i want it , it smells awesome to me !!!!!

Looks like an old bat Tim Amo used in fast pitch. :vampire:

gibir

zapny said:
thinktwicez71 said:

gibir

:lol: Good one ZAP!

Where are you two from ? I see one says saint Lawrence river valley , and the other said Tim amo , I know a Tim amo , 2 of them actually , I'm from ogensburg ny

Gasifier said:
zapny said:
thinktwicez71 said:

gibir

:lol: Good one ZAP!

Had some great times up in the Maple City, lots of softball and plenty of cold brews. We even built the old Homestead Dairies Store out of an old gas station, seemed like we would get home just in time to go back to work in the burg, made for some good times.

zap

Not to far from you at all. ;-)

Jeffrey Pine smells exactly like a strong vanilla, but that's usually from the bark (never bothered to smell the wood without the bark?) The core color is good too, but they're pretty much just here in California. Pine bark also rarely leaves strings like that, so maybe not.

Thinkin Tulip Poplar. Sweet smelling wood and light with yellow tint.

Status
Not open for further replies.