Distribution Blower Keeps Shutting Down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mdaniel

Nov 15, 2008
Central Massachusetts
I have a Harman XXV which was purchased in 2005. I am having an issue and I do not know how to resolve it. The stove lights fine and everything is normal (igniter shuts off and distribution blower turns on when hot enough) but some time later (I don't know how much time) the distribution blower shuts down and the light shuts off for that fan too. This has happened the last 3 days and if I turn the stove off, then back on everything resets and turns on as normal. Also if I open the door to scrape the ash out, when I close the door the distribution blower will turn on.
I don't know if the fan is overheating or there is something wrong with the control panel? The stove does this in both stove temp mode and room temp mode. I need help I cannot afford to have a service tech come out to diagnose this problem. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated!!! Thanks!!

When was the last time your stove was COMPLETELY cleaned?
If your venting is dirty, ESPECIALLY if the Exhaust Sensing Probe
(ESP) in the exhaust stream is dirty, the
little computer brain doesn't wanna let the unit function properly,
because it's not getting the correct readings from the ESP.
Check your maual for the removal/cleaning procedure for the ESP.
Don't just ram a brush thru the venting, as you can damage the ESP.

Status
Not open for further replies.