Dix are you coming up for air?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
That was some deluge Long Island got last night. Hope you are staying high and dry.

Grew some gills, BG ;)

Actually, as I told BB, it "missed me by that much", to quote Maxwell J. Smart !! 20 miles to the west is where most of the devastation was, and further west.

10614372_325961847573431_3688883620495446172_n.jpg

Murph would not go outside until it subsided about 8:15 AM here.

Worst for me was having my splitter trash wash away that I hadn't picked up from the ground and in the piles not stacked yet.

Many have it much, much worse. I feel for them. Basements flooded, etc.

One families dog washed away. His body was found this morning :confused:

Thanks for checking in. I could not believe the amount of rain they got close by you. What a nightmare. I'm glad your troubles were minor and Murph is able to finally relieve himself.

Reactions: Dix
wow!, its bad enough when snow is that high, but water? geez. glad to hear you're ok Dix. hope it dries out quickly up there for you guys

Can you imagine if it had been snow??? :p

Had to drive through actual rivers on the way to work. Co-worker spent 48 hrs pumping his finished basement to keep boiler from going under. 13".

pictures remind me of what we down here refer to as "the flood of 69"

happened when the remnants of Camille literally parked over Nelson county Va and dumped 26 inches of rain in 6 hours in a mountainous area this is devastating, killed a couple hundred people, like 30 some were never found. its never pretty to see

That's not rain, it's a firehose.

My gutters literally cleaned them selves.

3" here. We "got off easy". But there was a lot of standing water in areas that aren't usually reservoirs.

6.5" further north (Portland/Freeport). People in that area whose roads were not "to code" and were washed away are now struggling with how to pay for replacement (hopefully to code).

Status
Not open for further replies.