DIY Blower Gasket Material

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian L

Oct 15, 2013
North Smithfield, RI
I can't see myself paying almost $50 for a gasket on my enviro mini so i decided to make my own. I saw a few posts on here where people have used lytherm but it doesn't see to be highly available. I found fiberfrax that seems to be equivelent. Has anyone used that for gaskets? I thibnk i will order some from the site below. It is pretty inexpensive and shipes from either the east or west coast.

http://www.pilotshop.com/catalog/ap...hNVNytqIQRqWzsTS6lKTuekaAn5h8P8HAQ#review_tab

i do a fair amount of DIY auto repair on the vehicles here, have used that gasket material on both Cat. converter to front pipe,and exhaust header applications (700 - 900 degrees fahrenheit), it's held up really well to that amount of heat for years with no issues, should be fine for your application.

(Heavy duty kitchen shears, and a fat-blade Exacto knife are handy for pattern-cutting this material.)

Status
Not open for further replies.