DIY Burn plate replacement?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nola mike

Minister of Fire
Sep 13, 2010
Richmond/Montross, Virginia
Finishing my 4th season burning the Jotul F602 N. Had a significant overfire last year which I'm sure didn't help the already hurting side burn plates. Also had some difficulty with the secondaries this year which I'm thinking was probably caused by some leaks. Anyway, I think I'm going to rebuild the stove in the off season. I know I've seen posts about people making their own burn plates, but don't remember what the material used was, where to get it, etc. Can't seem to link directly to a parts list, but it's #35. Would rather not spend $150+ for this.
http://www.woodmanspartsplus.com/68/catalogs/Wood-and-Coal-Stove-Manufacturers-Cross-Reference.html

I think you might be overfiring the stove on a regular basis considering the stove is only in its fourth season. I don't of any material that will hold up better than the factory cast iron panels.

Status
Not open for further replies.