DIY Finnish Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Realstone

Lord of Fire
Wasn't too sure what forum I should have posted this to. But seeing as it is a stove (somewhat) I stuck it here. Mods, feel free to send it packing.

Hey ... some ethnic ingenuity ... a Finnish stove ...

Stove made in Finland. It takes about 10 minutes to build a stove like this.

Links to pics not working.

You are linking it to your gmail. We need your password to see them.

This is becoming tedious
3rd try:

image012.jpg
image011.jpg
image010.jpg
image009.jpg
image008.jpg
image007.jpg
image006.jpg
image005.jpg
image004.jpg
image003.jpg
image002.jpg
image001.jpg
image013.jpg
[/IMG]
Sort of loses it's meaning when you have to go to this length to present it. Sorry for the confusion folks.

You are linking it to your gmail. We need your password to see them.
Copied them to my desktop, then uploaded them. That didn't work, so I posted them to photobucket, then linked the images to this thread. Not sure that worked either.

That's pretty cool, have to try that with the kids the next time we're camping.

Third try worked.

The movie:

Reactions: Realstone
Finally !
A practical use for a sharp teeth on a rope saw that you can carry in a back pack.

----------------------
Finnish/Swedish torch

doh !! !! !!

Now I see why they call it a Finnish stove. Once you're done the stove is finished. Now how about that Polish stove?

Yep, I've always know them as Swedish candles. Good to cook on, & nice for a fire when it's warm out, & not too much heat needed. A C

Swedish Candles . . . I made a couple for our annual Commonground Camping Weekend . . . a bunch of friends come down and camp in my back yard . . . we spend the weekend eating, they go to the Commonground Fair, do some ATVing, etc. . . . last year I had the Swedish candles burning at night and also did a Movies Under the Stars -- put up a white sheet on the front of my woodshed and used a laptop with a projector and auxiliary speakers to watch The Hangover.

Status
Not open for further replies.