DIY Jotul 602N Install & Stove pipe challenges and options

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

elnene2k

Dec 10, 2013
Whaling City
So I have a thread open already on this here but I just found this subsection which is where I should have posted in the first place...

I want to go though the ceiling on my 2 level house...

So I am in the planning stages of the install and based on my stud finder, I have a 16" OC joist which will impeded my corner install...So I figure I can conform to this obstacle but I need about a 3" offset...

Problem is, the 2 major stove pipe makers don't offer 15 or 30 degree joints any longer, at least not in the double wall black stove pipe...Which is more what I need...45 degree without pipe would offer a 5" clearance which would move my stove a bit but I want to avoid moving the stove because of tight clearances of the projected place in my small home

So, I found ICC still makes the 15 & 30 degree bends...but, what I'm wondering is if I were to use the ICC black double wall pipe from stove to ceiling connection and then go with Selkirk from ceiling up...Is this possible?

I wanted to stick with one brand but it's not looking like it's possible

I assume Selkirk just recently stopped making the 15 & 30 degree bends considering some of their manuals still mentions them? Any thoughts on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.