DIY Wood/Coal stove right down the road....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Codeman812

Feb 19, 2007
Medina, NY
http://www.journal-register.com/local/local_story_085125931.html

I don't think I would be interested in this type of deal, but the idea was brought up on another thread. Looks like from the tone of this article we can expect more wood/coal/pellet burners in the next couple of years. I don't know if that is good or bad.

Cool. It has one of those new-fangled things called a baffle. Wonder why nobody else has thought of that?

If he is going to make over fifty of them a year and advertise them to burn wood also he has a Come To Jesus moment coming with the EPA.

Yes BB I kinda chuckled at that myself. I was also trying to picture the "V" talked about. I hope I don't have to respond to Albion for house/chimney fires because of these things.

Webmaster said:
Remember, they sell thousands of OWBs!

Looking at the pic background, we certainly are not talking about the same market as enameled VC's

Nah. Looks more like it will compete with PE models.

This is in Orleans county (where I also live) from what I understand we are the second poorest county in NY state. Not that our taxes reflect that of course. I don't know if we are indeed the 2nd, but I can tell you it is indeed a rather depressed area, well except for Medina's and Albion's main streets. A lot of money was spent to dress those up, after all looks are important and you judge a book by its cover. With that being said I am still considering the VC Defiant, just not no fancy fangled frilly enameled surface. Did I just create an alliteration? :)

Webmaster said:
Remember, they sell thousands of OWBs!

Looking at the pic background, we certainly are not talking about the same market as enameled VC's

Dont talk to me about taxes. 1/3acre 1400 sqft home $5,500.00 in taxes.

You have high taxes and you live in NY, what a twisted, strange coincidence. How about the fact that the Buffalo are pays more for water than most of the US, including some of the desert areas. Just what are those large bodies to the north and to the west of us?

wxman said:

wxman said:
Gee, how'd you luck out and get a tax credit for the storage shack? :) :) Pay the equivalent and have no land. about 1,000 sf over the building. There is no real, real estate tax.

Since were way OT anyway; thanks for making me feel better. Just under $4,000.00 for 1850 sq. ft. on a little over an acre.

Actually, its just the authorities trying to teach you about non-attachment to the material plane!

(hope you can figure out what that means).....

Is it the dollar getting worth less or the state/city spending more? I suspect the 2nd although the first does count for something. Look at it this way - a lot of people pay $1000 a month or more in property tax these days. That alone is about the amount you take home from the min. wage job. Then health care is about the same.....makes you wonder how young folks make it these days.

Yes, them thar new-fangled baffles will have me loggin-on and booting up before too long. (where is that comic?)

Status
Not open for further replies.