diy wood rack

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

john11756

Jan 28, 2014
levittown ny
Hi everyone just wanted to share my diy 2x4 cinder block rack super cheap super easy and it looks great.

Attachments

• 20140711_170643.jpg
    20140711_170643.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 3,209
Welcome, John. :) Several posters here are using this system and it seems to work well. I have access to concrete blocks and have begun using them with pallets. I use four blocks per pallet, placing them flat under the outer rails where the forklift notches are, not under the center rail. Then I put two rows on the pallet, over each outer rail hanging over the edge of the pallet a couple inches, so that there is about a foot of space between the rows.

Reactions: Rebelduckman
Hi everyone just wanted to share my diy 2x4 cinder block rack super cheap super easy and it looks great.

welcome to the group, thats a real original idea there;)

Welcome, John. :) Several posters here are using this system and it seems to work well. I have access to concrete blocks and have begun using them with pallets. I use four blocks per pallet, placing them flat under the outer rails where the forklift notches are, not under the center rail. Then I put two rows on the pallet, over each outer rail hanging over the edge of the pallet a couple inches, so that there is about a foot of space between the rows.

I may have to try that. I've got a bunch of blocks around so I may as well be utilizing them. That'll give more air space underneath and the pallets should last a lot longer too

I did the same thing when I first started. Instead of 2x4's I used landscaping timbers. They were on sale at Home Depot for $1.87 each....Been working great ever since Also, lay the cider blocks face down and thread a 2x4 through each end..this way your wood is off the ground and air hits the bottom.. Welcome and keep getting more wood. You NEVER HAVE ENOUGH....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.