Do any of the big box stores deliver pellets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Their flat bed truck costs $19 for 75 minutes or $69 per day.

Local HD's set their own policy on delivery fees. Auburn Maine HD has traditionally offered free delivery with 5 ton purchase for a limited time, usually late summer. And I would love to order 5 tons of Blazer pellets for next winter. Best damn pellets I ever tried! I even emailed them to inquire if they had any local retailers in New England a few weeks ago, and they never responded, so I guess that is a no. With HD, you can only buy what they have on the floor. No pre-ordering, no choices. Also, a delivery from HD includes a fork lift unload from the flat bed and dropped just inside my garage, where I can get a pallet jack on it to position it anywhere I want to inside the garage. If one goes the rental truck route, you would need to unload the pellets one bag at a time, and of course restack them one bag at a time. A lot more handling if you can avoid it.

Last edited:
Reactions: chken
Local HD's set their own policy on delivery fees. Auburn Maine HD has traditionally offered free delivery with 5 ton purchase for a limited time, usually late summer. And I would love to order 5 tons of Blazer pellets for next winter. Best damn pellets I ever tried! I even emailed them to inquire if they had any local retailers in New England a few weeks ago, and they never responded, so I guess that is a no. With HD, you can only buy what they have on the floor. No pre-ordering, no choices. Also, a delivery from HD includes a fork lift unload from the flat bed and dropped just inside my garage, where I can get a pallet jack on it to position it anywhere I want to inside the garage. If one goes the rental truck route, you would need to unload the pellets one bag at a time, and of course restack them one bag at a time. A lot more handling if you can avoid it.
It's a bit of a hike from Maine but here's a dealer that sells Blazers.

http://www.woodpelletsexperts.com/pricing.html

You can also look for local dealers that sell Okanagan Douglas Fir. Douglas Fir is the same wood used to make Blazers.

Reactions: Luv2burnPellets
The Home Depot near me was doing will call with tons of pellets so you could buy a few and then just pick them up whenever. Not sure if it cost more but they never said it did when they offered it to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.