Do i gasket all the way?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowfam7880

Nov 13, 2015
Somerset, MA
I had picked this stove up. Cleaned it and have re gasketed the whole thing. Question though. When i picked it up the top was off and half the gasket tore off. I feel like i should trim across the front.

Its a Salvo Citation 45.built in 1992

Don't know the stove but it sounds like a good idea to replace that top gasket too.

Well fired it up last night for the first time!!!! Worked excellent. No smoke at all ..fired up quick and made some good hot coals. For a free stove im excited. Well free minus rippong it all apart and replacing all of the gaskets on the main body,top plate,doors.and chimny bracket. All new stove pipe and nee liner. Feels good to have this reliable source of heat!!

uploadfromtaptalk1448193601421.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks....im stoked this is up and running finally......now to learn this baby lol...i know i have it sealed nice and tight. Runs great just learning burn times and living on these forums for info

Status
Not open for further replies.