Do I need draft induced kit?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

08brute

Sep 30, 2009
South Dakota
I have the US Stove Company 1600 model and I currently run with a manual draft damper. My draft is pretty good and I do not have many problems keeping a fire lit or smoke coming back at me. My questions is would a auto draft induced fan benefit me? Would it help my fires burn more efficiently and for longer? Is this a must have?

Thanks in advance!

08brute said:
I have the US Stove Company 1600 model and I currently run with a manual draft damper. My draft is pretty good and I do not have many problems keeping a fire lit or smoke coming back at me. My questions is would a auto draft induced fan benefit me? Would it help my fires burn more efficiently and for longer? Is this a must have?

Thanks in advance!

Probably not... An inducer is mostly needed for those folks that have problems with chimneys that don't want to draft well (especially when cold) or that puff back when loading or getting a fire going. If you aren't having a problem, I would not expect you to get much benefit from an inducer. If anything some folks even go the other way and add a barometric damper to REDUCE the draft going through the stove by supplying an alternate air source.

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.