do i need more foil??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevebass4

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2006
Franklin MA
021_23-1.jpg

more foil should help!! ;)

Yes,

around the stove collar joint!

Am I missing something, or does that thing have a broken leg????

wxman said:
Yes,

around the stove collar joint!

great!! i'll add more tonight ;)

Awwww heck, but granma hez been burnin' all her junk in it for years with nary a problem, just like it is. That darn thing really turns red when she burns all the christmas wrapin's in it.

Come on all kidding aside, the proper way to fix that is with duct tape... I mean geez :)

Leelli said:
If you can't afford the additional foil you can ask Cesar Chavez. He has a bleeding heart for those in need of heat ; )

Does he need to call 1-800-JOE4FOIL?

I like the serpentine on the flue pipe, more pipe...more heat output and efficency. I would have thought a heat shield would be required for the close shelf installation. That is a shelf isn't it?

Use even more foil on the stack in the form of fins to act as a heat exchanger. Heck, we might have the new competitor to the PE Summit (and there is no baffles to warp :p )

BrotherBart said:
Does he need to call 1-800-JOE4FOIL?

Now that's funny!!!

I am absolutely furious at you guys for makin' fun of this poor dude's setup. You all ain't as smart as you think.....that is NOT his stove, it's his SEPTIC SYSTEM!!!!

ansehnlich1 said:
I am absolutely furious at you guys for makin' fun of this poor dude's setup. You all ain't as smart as you think.....that is NOT his stove, it's his SEPTIC SYSTEM!!!!

Oh. I thought it was one of those "classic" stoves.

That looks like some Redneck stuff from Texas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That won't work. No viewing window.

See what happens to your stove pipe when u burn shelves. :eek:hh:

northwinds said:
That won't work. No viewing window.

I hope you mean the stove and not the septic system!

pipe's probably leaking smoke due to no underneath air and the fire is smouldering easy fix first check behind the stove make sure the wall surface is sturdy enough, now load your pistol and aim about 6 inches above the bottom of the stove and...

stoveguy2esw said:
pipe's probably leaking smoke due to no underneath air and the fire is smouldering easy fix first check behind the stove make sure the wall surface is sturdy enough, now load your pistol and aim about 6 inches above the bottom of the stove and...

just remember no more than 2 magazines or you will need 2 dampers in the stove pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.