Do I need to cover my wood?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last answer is the most logical. Use the wood shed for wood that will be used that year.
Now BogeyDave has to go build a shed and pronto....lol

OK
How's this for a wood shed?
100_7115.JPG 100_6599.JPG

Now I need a Seasoning shed, wide enough for 2 rows of wood about 100' long X 5' high :)

Reactions: mecreature
I never cover, ever. I keep a few days worth of wood on our covered front porch during burning season. It it's wet when I bring it up to the house it will be plenty dry by the time I take it inside to burn. Otherwise it gets sun and wind year round.

Granted, I don't worry too much about snow piling up on it. Not down here in south central Texas.

well living here in the northeast i've always top covered. the weather finally broke here this week....we're looking at a whole week of sunny, low humidty conditions with 90's by later in the week. i can HEAR the wood drying. i actually rolled all the covers back. only took me about 5 minutes.

2 days of sun in the AM, more rain evenings & at night.
Raining now.

At least my un-woodshedded wood will be clean ,
Dry?, I'm not so sure. ::P

Status
Not open for further replies.