Do jotuls come standard with log retainers?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Planeweird

Sep 29, 2008
cincinnati, oh
So I've seen pictures of Jotul F 3 CBs with AND without log retainers in front. Are they standard equipment with a new f 3 CB? If they are an option, how much are they and what are the pros and cons?

Also, I need to see the firebox opening frame of an F 3 CB with the door open please. Can someone please post a clear picture or two of the opening for me. I need to check it against another stove that I'm a bit unclear about.

Thanks guys

I've never seen andirons in an F3CB. As for a picture, that's an F3CB in my avatar. I don't think I have any with the door open.

BeGeen,

The notches, tines, rake looking things sticking up behind the bottom edge of your glass. That's the log retainer I'm talking about. When you open the door, it runs across the bottom of the doorway yes? It's to keep the logs and ash from falling out as far as I know, but I've seen some with them and some without.

Since the topic is here, does anyone know where I can get andirons for my Oslo or if they are even necessary? Im only considering because this is my first stove with a glass door. Im not going to be using the fron door to load wood, only the side....thanks.

the 3 cb has a logretainer in it the f 600 has andirons they are not in the other stoves i have been running an oslo for 6 yrs there is no need to try and add them to the stove and if you do you will void the warranty on the stove

Planeweird said:
So I've seen pictures of Jotul F 3 CBs with AND without log retainers in front. Are they standard equipment with a new f 3 CB? If they are an option, how much are they and what are the pros and cons?

Also, I need to see the firebox opening frame of an F 3 CB with the door open please. Can someone please post a clear picture or two of the opening for me. I need to check it against another stove that I'm a bit unclear about.

Thanks guys

It is standard with the F3CB you can just lift the piece up and out of the stove. The PROs are, it it part of the stove. Use it. The CONs are none. It is part of the stove. Use it.

BrotherBart said:
Planeweird said:

Thanks guys

It is standard with the F3CB you can just lift the piece up and out of the stove. The PROs are, it it part of the stove. Use it. The CONs are none. It is part of the stove. Use it.

Well, I'm buying one from a private owner and in the photo, it doesn't appear to have one.

A replacement shouldn't cost all that much. It is called a "log retainer" and is item 31 on the parts list in the manual.

Here is the manual for the stove.

http://tinyurl.com/km8fgp

Status
Not open for further replies.