Do my numbers make sense for pellets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep I wasted a lot of time working out how to get bagged pellets in the silo thinking it was cheaper, it was only after I put the numbers down on paper did it sink in, bulk delivery is cheaper for me and it saves me a lot of work..
I got my delivery yesterday and it all worked out great, https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...his-make-me-a-pellet-pig.119708/#post-1716622
I see.

I considered bulk but the girl at Sandri seemed a bit shocked I was calling from Cape Cod. Then I went on hold for about 10 minutes waiting to speak with someone else and hung up the phone. That was that, I never did call back. Be nice if someone nearer would pick up bulk deliveries. Be nice if they handled Spruce Pointe or LaCrete too !

I see.

I considered bulk but the girl at Sandri seemed a bit shocked I was calling from Cape Cod. Then I went on hold for about 10 minutes waiting to speak with someone else and hung up the phone. That was that, I never did call back. Be nice if someone nearer would pick up bulk deliveries. Be nice if they handled Spruce Pointe or LaCrete too !
I believe with the grant that was awarded to Sandri it required they will deliver to all of MA, give them a call again I would like to know your delivery charge.
I used to get my bagged pellets from Royal Fireside, they had applied for the MA bulk delivery grant but did not get it as of yet, give them a call. Maybe if more interest is raised, more suppliers will become available.

I count those bags stacked 15 layers high. Are you not concerned about the bottom bags getting crushed?

I have mine stacked 20 layers right now. Only 19 high last winter. I did not notice any difference in the pellets from the top to the bottom. And they are stacked on a pallet, but hand stacked, not a forklift putting one pallet on top of another.

I count those bags stacked 15 layers high. Are you not concerned about the bottom bags getting crushed?

I stack them 15 high as well, and have never had an issue with crushed pellets. Having said that, I have to chuckle when I drive by the local TSC and see them stacked 3 pallets high out in the yard. I would not want to be the recipient of a pallet from the bottom level in that scenario.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.