Do Not buy this wheelbarrow for moving your wood.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That store has one of the worst return and warrenty policy's......

TSC really stands for "Tough **it Charlie's". Most likely that's what your going to hear when something you got from them breaks. And God forbid if you lost your recite...forgetaboutit.

and all this time you thought it was something else. :coolsmirk:

My vote it to build a wood box for it. Then you can lob splits from 15 ft into it and it ain't gonna matter. I built a 2 wheel cart that I pull behind a garden tractor that way. I used an old cushman axle and wide trailer tires, its 4x6 and can (and does) haul everything that I can pile onto it. Hot or cold. Thrown splits or loaded with my backhoe(FEL) - doesn't matter. It hauls every single stick of wood that I burn.

I've got one of these. The plastic will do fine as long as you realize that it's simply not metal and cannot take the same abuse. Good luck finding a 10 cu ft metal barrow. I looked for quite some time. There are some that are close in size, but they are $$$. I use mine for wood all the time. But I also don't throw splits into it, and I certainly don't throw splits into it when its cold out. All that said, I'm sorry you had a bad experience - if it were me I would definitely be building something out of plywood and 2x2s to replace it. Ashame everything is "throw away, buy a new one" these days.

Glacial-You don't want what you've got...at least follow your girl Sheryl's advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.