Do "old forum members" ever die?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bruce56bb said:
i can't believe i forgot about giddy.

spike, lmao 'bout kindling:)

Hey Bruce , Is that a "FORD" mustang in your avatar or a "FORD" LTD ? <ducking>

I cant remember the naked guys user name but think he ended up getting fully washed off the member list. Had a laugh at his expense i guess.

An of course more recently Winston in his many trolling guises.

bruce56bb said:
frank got banned quite some time ago.
the banned list i can think of.......
frank ivy
big eric
dylan

are there any others?

Chuck, he had a woodstock i think

Roospike said:
bruce56bb said:
i can't believe i forgot about giddy.

Hey Bruce , Is that a "FORD" mustang in your avatar or a "FORD" LTD ? <ducking>

spike, that car was an oldsmobile, the non-amphibious model.

See...I knew when I mentioned "F" that I was treading on thin ice. Just the mention, and the thread took off.....
Actually, until Dylan's name came up, I hadn't noticed that he wasn't around anymore either . He probabley would have made my list of "oldtimers" if I had thought of him. I do sort of recall him getting into a P-match with someone (Craig?) but I think it was during a time when I was away for a bit. Without getting this thread way off topic, maybe somebody can PM me and catch me up on what happened to him?

BeGreen said:
Always glad to see your posts pop up Will for that far north perspective. And for a Summit that really delivers the btus.

Ya know, it's still around -25C here again tonight (too lazy right now to do the conversion, but it's still freakin' cold), and yes, thanks, the Summit hasn't been out for more than a day here and there to clean ashes since October. The woodpile is showing it though,I figure I've burned about 5 cord so far and I think I might actually run out before the end of the month. I can get more if I want too, and I guess I'll have to make that decision soon. Otherwise (gasp) I may have to start burning the gas furnace again from time to time and just burn wood when I'm home and can enjoy it. Haven't made up my mind yet as my business is absolutely freakin crazy right now, and I need to decide between chasing $$$ and chasing more wood. The wood gives me a great sense of self satisfaction, but on the other hand, the $$$ will give me the new pontoon boat in the spring, which will also be very satisfying.

Jeepers, who knew that this wood burning stuff would be so stressful! To wood, or not to wood, that is the question.......

BeGreen said:
LOL, oh cmon Roo, I know it gets cold in the mid-section too. But your stove and Elk's run themselves, change the kitty litter box and wash the dishes too... Some of us have more humble heaters. :)

When its been this cold and I run the stove constantly at 600+ chop an hour or soo off the state burn times of productive heat. For 30 years If I did not get in the early Am
I was reminded by the sound of the furnace kicking in. Hell I'm going to start a new post and corect any embelished preformance

elkimmeg said:
BeGreen said:
LOL, oh cmon Roo, I know it gets cold in the mid-section too. But your stove and Elk's run themselves, change the kitty litter box and wash the dishes too... Some of us have more humble heaters. :)

When its been this cold and I run the stove constantly at 600+ chop an hour or soo off the state burn times of productive heat. For 30 years If I did not get in the early Am
Same here, and I like to sleep in when possible.
I was reminded by the sound of the furnace kicking in. Hell I'm going to start a new post and corect any embelished preformance
I let mine kick in on lazy mornings. Sometimes I let it heat the house up quick, then let the insert take over. Seems a lil faster and easier to get the house temp up quicker.

Hogwildz said:
I let mine kick in on lazy mornings. Sometimes I let it heat the house up quick, then let the insert take over. Seems a lil faster and easier to get the house temp up quicker.

Got the wrong stove Bubba. Get that 30-NC, load it 3/4 at nine o'clock and sleep till eight and still be warm. I do. But then I consider 71 upstairs warm enough.

Of course we are only doing nine and ten degrees around sun-up. May be a lot colder in your neck of the woods. If so, load later or larger.

BrotherBart said:
Hogwildz said:

Got the wrong stove Bubba. Get that 30-NC, load it 3/4 at nine o'clock and sleep till eight and still be warm. I do. But then I consider 71 upstairs warm enough.

Of course we are only doing nine and ten degrees around sun-up. May be a lot colder in your neck of the woods. If so, load later or larger.

The seasoned wood I have has no rounds, and not very bif large splits. So I am loading, but with the single digits, hotter burns, and lack of large pcs, I get what I get for now. Its anywhere from 70-14 or so downstairs, hotter upstairs. Of course I am fine with that, I sweat at 74, its the rest of the family whining at 68-70 degrees. Which is where its at in the morn. I been trying to load between 10pm & midnight. Its fine for me, its them that I have to hear it from.

Hmmph. I'm with you HW. We never take it much over 72 degrees with the woodstove. The heatpump is set to 68. I don't like the house heated to 75 in the winter (too dry) any more than I like air conditioning chilling me out to 72 when it's 80 outside. Make it too hard to cope with the change in temp going outside.

Where do I fit in to the mix? As for P-match, I have gotten into a few. But given that the site owner/forum host is a "hippie" and I'm just to the right of Ghengis Khan that sort of thing can happen from tim to time. I do a quick skim of topics almost daily. I delve into a couple threads several times a week. But my spare time ( if there actually is any with 3 kids and a wife) is spent fixing all the stuff around the house that wears out, gets broken, and occasionally making a piece of furniture( my new hobby) that doesn't end up in the kindling stack.
Everyday Im watching the stove, though. lately I've been feeling the heat kick on aroun 4-5 am. The stove isn't burning as efficitently as it should but my lazy cheap butt hasn't done the full proper rebuild like I should either. I figure 2-3 hours of the furnace running each day isn't so bad. Guess I'll find out when I get the bill this next time. 3 nights this week I was chasing a loud thump in my wife's front end ......her car guys....her car. Jeep wrangler. started off replacing the Ujoints in the axle. Then discovered a hub that needed replacing. did the brakes while I had the wheels off. Now the U joints needed replacing ( a teeny tiny tick tick amount of play in one of them, and the hub had a scary amount of play in it so those definately needed to be replaced but the Thump that originally got her attention was the links for her sway bar. She had broken BOTH of them. ????? how the heck? she drives that thing like Patton heading to the front.

Today I have to finish a small laptop table I'm working on for my dad.....and then I have some sort of plumbing leak (think it's the seal on a toilet upstairs) there are a couple air intrusion spots I've got my eye on to fix and assuming I get those things done there is some staining to do on a bed I made for my oldest boy. .......it does not end.

Status
Not open for further replies.