Do single ply ss liners collect creosote that quickly and draft poorly?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pro5oh

Aug 19, 2008
downeast Maine
Looking at liners and I'm wondering if I would have any problems with creosote/draft if I use a single ply liner compared to a double. Who's been using a single ply for years? Please respond

I am into my third season with two single ply stainless liners and I love'em. One 22 feet and one 30 some-odd feet and the draft in either one would likely suck the icing off of a birthday cake. As to creosote accumulation I get more in the pipe from the stove to the liner than I do in the liners.

Burn dry wood hot and fugidaboutit.

There is twenty four feet of two ply liner laying behind my wood pile that I pulled out and replaced after one season. The crap inside de-laminates and just turns into a creosote trap.

Status
Not open for further replies.