Do the Eco Fans work?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BucksCounty

Feeling the Heat
Jan 11, 2009
Southeast PA
Do those eco fans that run faster as the stove heats up really work? I don't have a blower for my stove but I was wondering if these fans are comprable to a blower. Difference in price is about $125.

Do a Google search on "Eco fan". Lots of complaints about them only lasting a year or so.

They do work, but nowhere near as well as a blower. On the upside, they are an interesting novelty and do move a little are without electricity.

I have the 783 and on high you can feel a nice warm breeze 25ft away. But they didn't have the five speed on when I bought mine, def. worth it.

We also use a Vornado fan turned on low speed.

We bought one of the Eco fans and it was a joke. We sent it back for refund. You can move more air using an 8 x 11 piece of paper than those fans move. The one we tried couldn't even blow out a match, leave alone a candle.

They might possibly work in a tent but I doubt it because there would not be a hot enough fire to get it going.

I used an ecofan for a few years and when it started to fail called the company for solutions. I was told that I could mail in my fan as a "core" exchange and could purchase a replacement at a small discount. The customer service reps I spoke to on a couple of occasions informed me that a few years is about the life of the unit. I now use a ceiling fan that circulates heat very well.

I had one a few years ago. I thought it went bad because of a small overfire. Looks like everyone had similar experience. Don't wast the $$

Status
Not open for further replies.