1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
  1. mattjm1017

mattjm1017 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Corapeake NC
    I found this online and am wondering do they really work are they worth it or should I just stick with cordwood?

http://www.thepelleteer.com/

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. evilgriff

evilgriff Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Northern New Jersey
    I have no experience with that item, but I have tried burning pellets in my old stove, it did not work well. Personally I would not buy one unless I saw it in action and I really wanted to burn pellets. I vote cordwood.
    mattjm1017 likes this.
  3. Pierre902

Pierre902 Member

Loc:
    Western MA
    Personally, I use to own a pellet stove and if I still wanted to burn pellets I wouldn't do it this way. I would stick with a pellet stove which is probably more efficient and engineered to burn pellets. I am guessing you would burn thru alot more pellets burning this way than with a pellet stove which feeds them in with the auger. Don't know for sure though, just looks gimmicky.
    mattjm1017 likes this.
  4. mattjm1017

mattjm1017 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Corapeake NC
    Thats kind of what I was thinking a little bit gimicky and not very efficient. It says on theyre website one basket will burn for 2-3 hours so thats not efficient enough for me definatly wont be getting a good overnight burn like that.
  5. HotCoals

HotCoals Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Rochester,Ny.
    I built something similar ..drilled a bunch of holes in a big baking pan kind of thing.
    It worked for the most part..cat really liked the smoke.

That basket would work better but I think it would cost to much to burn pellets.