Do these work?

mattjm1017 Posted By mattjm1017, Dec 2, 2012 at 12:41 PM

1. mattjm1017

mattjm1017
    Feeling the Heat

Oct 23, 2012
    Loc:
    Corapeake NC
    I found this online and am wondering do they really work are they worth it or should I just stick with cordwood?

http://www.thepelleteer.com/

2. evilgriff

evilgriff
    Burning Hunk

Oct 14, 2007
    Loc:
    Northern New Jersey
    I have no experience with that item, but I have tried burning pellets in my old stove, it did not work well. Personally I would not buy one unless I saw it in action and I really wanted to burn pellets. I vote cordwood.

mattjm1017 likes this.
  3. Pierre902

Pierre902

Dec 23, 2009
    Loc:
    Western MA
    Personally, I use to own a pellet stove and if I still wanted to burn pellets I wouldn't do it this way. I would stick with a pellet stove which is probably more efficient and engineered to burn pellets. I am guessing you would burn thru alot more pellets burning this way than with a pellet stove which feeds them in with the auger. Don't know for sure though, just looks gimmicky.

mattjm1017 likes this.
  4. mattjm1017

mattjm1017
    Feeling the Heat

Oct 23, 2012
    Loc:
    Corapeake NC
    Thats kind of what I was thinking a little bit gimicky and not very efficient. It says on theyre website one basket will burn for 2-3 hours so thats not efficient enough for me definatly wont be getting a good overnight burn like that.

5. HotCoals

HotCoals
    Minister of Fire

Oct 27, 2010
    Loc:
    Rochester,Ny.
    I built something similar ..drilled a bunch of holes in a big baking pan kind of thing.
    It worked for the most part..cat really liked the smoke.

That basket would work better but I think it would cost to much to burn pellets.