Do you have a Holy Grail of Saws?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got a video made. Unfortunately, this is the only wood i had so didn't get to run it much. This saw is awesome! (BTW, that is the branch I mentioned in the Wood Shed.)

*thumbs up!* I hope that has a decomp button lol :coolgrin:

I've been cutting all of my firewood (only about 3 full cords a year or so) primarily with a McCulloch Pro Mac 10-10. Its big brother, the Pro Mac 700, has been on my wish list for awhile but whenever I've seen them the price has been too high for me. Last month I finally got a clean, late model one off of Craigslist for $75. It cuts great, although it is definitely more thirsty for mix than its little brother. Pics are hopefully attached.

Attachments

• promac700002.jpg
    promac700002.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 214
  • promac700006.jpg
    promac700006.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 235
That is one H... of a saw Wendell. Looks & sounds great!

Wayneg, love those old Macs too, just wear the ear protection LOL. A C

Thistle said:
*thumbs up!* I hope that has a decomp button lol :coolgrin:

No decomp. You need to be committed before you pull the rope. Half hearted efforts will be punished.

Status
Not open for further replies.