Do you have a picture of your stove/insert top thermometer, and where do i get one?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hfjeff

Aug 16, 2007
Waupun, WI
I am quite interested in knowing what kind of temps I am pushing out my insert, but don't know where to get a thermometer for the top. Are there different kinds, are some more accurate than others, and where do I get one? Do I have to go to a stove shop? Thanks.

home depot has them in stock now, Rutland brand, less than $10, so far it's been fine for me.

If you can findem for $10.00 grab 2. They run around $13.00 to $15.00 here and up.
I put mine on the front above the corner of the door. I have one on each side.

Attachments

• PIC00003.JPG
    PIC00003.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 591
I paid $18 for a HomeSaver, paint is baked off partially. Paid too much but got the salesman off my back because I was drooling over all the stoves in his store. I'd like to find a high temp. probe to see what my interior temps. are, see if I am breaking 900-1000.

Thanks for the examples. At least I kind of know what I am looking for. May take a quick trip to Home Depot tomorrow. Whatever doubts I had about this Regency pumping out enough heat I am taking back. My wife has fallen in love with it. Why are women are always cold?!

Thanks guys. $9.99 at Fleet Farm. She settles right in comfortably at 450-500 deg. It's nice to see how much the temp actually fluctuates. Supposed to get doen to 18 deg tonight. It's nice NOT to hear the furnace kick in all night.

thermometer002.jpg

is that a magnetic thermo or what?

I want one!

I have the Non contact infrared Harbour freight temp gun thing, but Id rather be able to glance from across the room and check it!

tractor supply, and home depot $10 huh?

Im THERE.

hfjeff said:
Thanks guys. $9.99 at Fleet Farm. She settles right in comfortably at 450-500 deg. It's nice to see how much the temp actually fluctuates. Supposed to get doen to 18 deg tonight. It's nice NOT to hear the furnace kick in all night.

thermometer002.jpg

hi all,I was told by my installer last year to place my magnetic temp gage in the center of the insert above the door.after reading the comments i moved it to the left and the temp went down.am i putting this in the right place being in the center or should it be more off to either side.the blower kicks the heat out more in the center and i'm wondering if the temp is inaccurate.any advise?thanks,tom

topcat said:
hi all,I was told by my installer last year to place my magnetic temp gage in the center of the insert above the door.after reading the comments i moved it to the left and the temp went down.am i putting this in the right place being in the center or should it be more off to either side.the blower kicks the heat out more in the center and i'm wondering if the temp is inaccurate.any advise?thanks,tom

Leave it at the center. When the blower kicks on The temp may fall a bit, that is normal. These magnetic thermometers are not the most accurate things, but they are a good guide. I've gone through many and they all don't read the same. They can be off by as much as 100 degrees. I tested mine in the oven for accuracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.