Do you make changes to fire between reloads?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adrpga498

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2005
New Jersey
I was wondering who changes things in the firebox between reloads. I only open the doors if a log settles onto the glass, other wise I keep doors closed until the next reload.

I try like hell to leave the damn thing alone once it settles in, but I just can't resist the urge to "check" it here and there. Probably because I can't see the fire, how it's burning,etc...

Once I really stopped and thought about it... I regularly stoke and prod my fires. I dont know why. I just do. Now I think I am paranoid about it.... Oh no... Now what? :lol:

When I see a split not burning right I generally will open the stove and re-situate it.

I call it working with the fire. My wife says I am playing with the stove.

Hahahah .......... Its hard not to poke and tend to the fire.
A bad long term habit of running a non EPA style stove for years i guess . When i first got our stove i always wanted to poke at it all the time and once i got used to the stove and started running long buns i caught myself making smaller fires so i could reload it and poke that damn fire.

I'm in treatment now and getting to full recovery and back to long burn times and quit poking at the fire. :cheese:

Roospike said:
Hahahah .......... Its hard not to poke and tend to the fire.
A bad long term habit of running a non EPA style stove for years i guess . When i first got our stove i always wanted to poke at it all the time and once i got used to the stove and started running long buns i caught myself making smaller fires so i could reload it and poke that damn fire.

I'm in treatment now and getting to full recovery and back to long burn times and quit poking at the fire. :cheese:

With the F3 I don't have to wait but for a couple of hours or three before I get to reload it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.