1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Do you make changes to fire between reloads?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by adrpga498, Oct 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adrpga498

adrpga498 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    New Jersey
    I was wondering who changes things in the firebox between reloads. I only open the doors if a log settles onto the glass, other wise I keep doors closed until the next reload.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. jabush

jabush Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Howard County, MD
    I try like hell to leave the damn thing alone once it settles in, but I just can't resist the urge to "check" it here and there. Probably because I can't see the fire, how it's burning,etc...
  3. BikeMedic2709

BikeMedic2709 New Member

Loc:
    North-Central Ohio
    Once I really stopped and thought about it... I regularly stoke and prod my fires. I dont know why. I just do. Now I think I am paranoid about it.... Oh no... Now what? :lol:
  4. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    When I see a split not burning right I generally will open the stove and re-situate it.

I call it working with the fire. My wife says I am playing with the stove.
  5. Roospike

Roospike New Member

Loc:
    Eastern Nebraska
    Hahahah .......... Its hard not to poke and tend to the fire.
    A bad long term habit of running a non EPA style stove for years i guess . When i first got our stove i always wanted to poke at it all the time and once i got used to the stove and started running long buns i caught myself making smaller fires so i could reload it and poke that damn fire.

I'm in treatment now and getting to full recovery and back to long burn times and quit poking at the fire. :cheese:
  6. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    With the F3 I don't have to wait but for a couple of hours or three before I get to reload it anyway.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.